Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The puppets

If anyone reads the posts on outpostnine.com, they will possibly already know the quote I am about to post. With our ninensei students we are now in the part of the textbook that has the puppets. In Katsuura-gun we use the "New Horizon English Course," the same textbooks as the guy who writes outpost nine. Now I cannot help thinking of his post when we do this puppet section, so I thought I would share it with you all. First, a pic of the text:


And then the quote from outpostnine (profanity warning):

This past week, we went to class early to just hang out a bit before the students came. The lesson we were about to do was this really stupid puppet play. Actually, hearing the kids do it is kind of cute...but the "professional" version on the CD is nothing short of annoying. I wonder what kind of sick and twisted hatrid the Japanese government has for English teachers to send them such a horrible thing. Anyway, we were talking about it, and I said "Man I hate those puppets. Just shut up already!" She nodded in agreement and said "Yeah, really. Shut the hell up, you son of a bitch! Motherfucking puppet, shut up." -whole post-

Can you imagine your JTE saying something like that to you?
[SHOCK]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home