Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Unsettling Dream

Last night I had a dream that I went back to Canada, and when I got to the street my parents live on I couldn't find the house. Everything was different. Now, you've got to understand that I lived in that house from the ages of two to twenty two. I know the area pretty well. But the houses were all in a different order and I couldn't spot our house at all. And then all of a sudden I saw it. It was like it looked when we first moved in (which I know from photos): ugly. All the nice wood and colour was gone, the bay windows gone, the bushes in front gone, leaving a flat ugly white which may have been stucco. The trees on the whole street were also hideously overgrown, hiding all the houses in an unplesant dank and mottled shade. Somehow I discerned that my dad had decided to take the house back to the ugly it had been when they bought it so that they could sell it as a fixer-upper. Even in the dream I failed to see the logic in that. As I approached the house it turned from being ugly white to ugly Winnipeg brown and misshapen.

It was very unsettling.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 a.m. PDT, Blogger Fletcher said...

Before that there had been a bunch of walking around through dungeons, but I know that was from playing Legend of Zelda right before bed. (@_@)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home