Monday, November 21, 2005

Most Embarrassing Moment

Ever so often you get asked "What is your most embarrassing moment?"

Usually I don't have an answer because I've somehow forgotten all my embarrassing moments. Yesterday I had an experience I don't think I'll be able to forget for the rest of my life. Saturday was PTA day, so we had school, but we got Monday off in exchange. In the morning after my shower, wearing my towel I put on my sweater first because my room was a little chilly. As I went to get my underwear from the line in the next room, I noticed that it was really sunny and warm looking outside. So I sat myself down on the balcony in the sun in a place that had no line of sight to any other house or apartment. Just me, the forest, and the sun. After a while I stopped caring if the towel fell open and just enjoyed the warm sunbathing in November. A rare thing. Suddenly, the old man who lives just over yonder appeared out of the forest right in front of me! I was so shocked that the only thing I could spit out was "konbanwa" [good evening]. Even though it was only eleven am. I think he was almost as embarrassed as I was. By now, I suppose that the rumour is flooding through the town that the Canadian is insane.

I'm so embarrassed.

Will I ever live this one down? Perhaps there's nothing left but to flee the country.

日本語

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home