Thursday, January 12, 2006

Maybe I'll feel better on Monday

Still feeling under the weather. Note to self: have more compassion for people who feel sick when at work. I guess I won't be going snowboarding tomorrow. Perhaps I would feel better if I stopped reading Emily Dickinson all morning...

The world gets warped when you are sick.
Because of course, how could your perception of it be affected
by something as minor as bodily chemistry?

This is why decisions are to be made
when the world is glowing and bright
rather than in the darkness of a sickly
evening.

Mind twisting with innards
thoughts churning and dissolving
there is naught left but introspection

Neither play nor solemnity seems the better
Unrestrained but under the weather
Vomit what there is to be had upon the page.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 p.m. PST, Blogger Tom said...

Rough times, buddy! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home