Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Temperamental Season

Spring in this country definitely affects me stronger than spring back home. This being the third year, I think I can with confidence attribute my current state of being to the season rather than just daily life stuff.

Spring in this country makes me fall in love.

While it may be true that I am in general the type to get overly enamoured with something or someone in a relatively short space of time, I find that it is happening to me much quicker, and much more regularly of late. And while I generally think of myself as a Romantic in the sense that is like being an idealist and a dreamer, in spring in this country I seem to make a shift from being a Romantic to just being romantic. I find myself stopping more often and getting lost staring at the hills or the flowers, and listening to the birds calling. About a week ago I was so struck by the beauty of my surroundings I was on the verge of tears. I stop for long moments to fill my lungs with the spring fragrances. Girls who I have known for however long suddenly strike me as being truly gorgeous. My temperament, my outlook, it warms along with the weather.

Perhaps I am allergic to a pollen in the air?

1 Comments:

At 1:19 a.m. PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah--we really are just that gorgeous. ;o)

I'm really looking forward to seeing springtime here, and not just because I'm craving warmer weather--I'm sure living somewhere that has so much natural beauty as this makes for an exceptionally stunning spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home