Monday, October 30, 2006

Welcome back/birthday party

On Saturday I had a party to welcome myself home and celebrate my already passed birthday. The last Saturday in the month, it was then or never. I had waffled all month long whether to throw it or not, and deciding a week in advance obviously wasn't enough time to get as many people as I wanted. No invites, telling most people only once, probably most had weekend plans already. If I'd decided right at the beginning of the month, I might have got the 40+ attendees I half-expected. Nine came. But we had fun. We did a class of games so I could do my English teacher (game-teacher) thing, and we could have some fun and learn about what I've been doing at the same time. A Chopstick game, a couple quiz games, and the janken train game (janken is the rock-paper-scissors game). That was only about an hour though. Otherwise there was potluck delights, some slides in the background, and later a crazy Japanese tv program in the background. When many had left the remainder of us played Carassonne, which was pretty fun. Also, Dion and Ayumi brought me something from their private stash shipped from Japan:


You don't know just how happy I am to have some proper bottled green tea from Japan again. Mmmm this is going to be great!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 p.m. PST, Blogger Tom said...

Pretty fun party Matt

 
At 11:20 a.m. PST, Blogger Rebs said...

Hey Matt! I was actually going to come (as part of Tom's "invite whichever of your friends that I've met)...but 'being responsible' won out...so sad. from what tom's said, it was a fun time.
anywho, we should hang out once again..sometime soon!

happy belated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home