Monday, January 29, 2007

Take the plunge

Dare the Mighty Deed



That seems to be the theme of my life at the moment. Why? Because on returning to Winnipeg, I find myself suddenly pushed to go west and look for work. In two weeks I am off to Vancouver to look for work. I may be back in a month, but Lord willing, I'll find a job and a place to stay. For the moment I'll be staying with a few friends of a friend who are willing to put me up for a couple of weeks. Look out couch, here I come. It's pretty scary. I really want to find work doing graphic design or working at a print shop straight away, but failing that, anything. And then a place to stay if I can get work. Hoo boy.

I was talking to a friend who was telling me about doing rappelling every day in basic training.
He said that of course you know you trust your harness, and the ropes, and the guys below, and you know it's safe. Even so, when you stand at the top and get ready to go over, you feel something like, "This is stupid. There's no way I should be doing this." And then you do it. Because of course you are going to do it. But that fear still jumps up and tries to slap you in the face. That's where I'm at right now. I'm going to do it, I know I'm going to do it, I know it's safe and that all that can come from this experience is positive, but there's risk, and its scary.

But for me, it is time to dare the mighty deed, to do the very thing I am afraid to do. Even if it seems stupid.

2 Comments:

At 8:23 a.m. PST, Blogger Tom said...

Wow!!

I certainly don't know what to say. Will I see you??

 
At 7:04 p.m. PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really pumped for you. I am glad that you're doing it. We'll have to do coffee some other time;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home