Friday, June 29, 2007

All work and no play makes Matt a dull boy.

So... anyone want to hear about how much I work?



Yeah, I kind of figured not.

I've been reading a properly terrible science fiction book lately. I can't even remember what it's called. I'm probably halfway through the book, and I still can't figure out why the author bothered to write it. It's got no new central idea, no clever exploration of anything, just shallow characters with no motivation, and it has more clichés than the Arctic Ocean has hydrogen molecules. I continue on in the vague hope that somewhere all of the vague and disparate elements of the book will suddenly tie together and have meaning, rather than just being vague appropriations for unsuccessful generation of interest.

On the bright side, whatever I read next will surely seem the brightest, most well-written book ever.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 p.m. PDT, Blogger Tom said...

Ha! How did you get hold of such a thing? I never read anything unless someone tells me it's great. There's more than enough book people in the world to keep a casual reader awash in a sea of recommendations...

 
At 8:23 a.m. PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From your description I so want to read that book now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home